Our mission is to improve the quality of life for seniors in Ramsey County by providing Meals on Wheels and other services that help people maintain their highest level of independence.
Who We Are
Meals on Wheels of Ramsey County is a service provided by the the Senior Services Consortium of Ramsey County (Minnesota). The Consortium is a nonprofit organization composed of eight member agencies that provide Meals on Wheels and other senior services in Ramsey County. The members include four private social service agencies serving residents within the City of St. Paul and four suburban school districts that serve residents in the suburban Ramsey County area.
The member agencies of the Senior Services Consortium have been collaborating through an informal partnership for more than 40 years. Through this durable partnership, each agency has worked diligently to provide Meals on Wheels and other services within its own geographic area, while also collaborating for the overall good of the people of Ramsey County.
What We Do
Each year, through the Consortium, more than 200,000 meals are delivered to older adults in Ramsey County. This is possible with the help of 2,100 community volunteers. Thousands more seniors are assisted through other in-home and center-based services provided by the member agencies. The kinds of services vary from agency to agency depending on the needs of each neighborhood or community. Services delivered to seniors in their homes include transportation to medical appointments and grocery stores, home health assistance, homemaker services, peer counseling, and telephone reassurance. Services offered through the agency centers include education classes, health services, social/recreational opportunities, nutrition programs, and information and referral.
- Maintains a coordinated system of senior services throughout Ramsey County
- Acts as liaison between agencies, funders and the public
- Administers and monitors government grants and contracts on behalf of the member agencies
- Works to secure adequate financial support for service delivery
- Coordinates and links resources to better serve seniors
- Advocates for the needs of seniors.
Meals on Wheels recipients contribute toward the cost of meals and delivery. Ramsey County provides the Consortium with a financial base, which is distributed among the member agencies. The Consortium members also receive Federal/State Medical Assistance funds, administered through the Department of Human Services. In addition, each of the member agencies generates volunteer and financial support from their local communities.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Ted Flaum
- Jewish Family Service of St. Paul
- Mary McKeown
- Keystone Community Services
- Dan Rodriguez
- Merrick Community Services
- Karl Brown
- Mounds View School District 621
- Terri Johnson
- North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District 622
- Karen Schaub
- Roseville School District 623
- Tim Maurer
- White Bear Lake School District 624
- Maureen Kenney
- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
- Nancy Utoft
- Executive Director
- call 651-266-4006
- Denise Wickiser
- Program Manager
- call 651-266-4107